When it comes to drug and alcohol abuse, addiction can have a powerful hold on an individual. In these cases, addiction can only best be treated by a complete drug and alcohol rehab program. At The Crossroads Program, we have developed an effective Twelve Step treatment program that is unique to the needs of teens and young adults. To learn more about our treatment options, contact one of our drug rehab centers (treatment) in Kansas City, St Louis, or Columbia to learn more and for a free consultation.
What are the Twelve Steps of The Crossroads Drug & Alcohol Rehab Program?
The steps to our alcohol rehab program are direct, and it is clear what each one is intended to do. However, following these steps is not always easy. Therefore, we do not simply teach teens these steps and then walk away. Through our substance abuse counseling services, we work with teens one on one to gain a deep connection and genuine understanding of their struggles and needs. The ultimate goal of our twelve steps and our complete alcohol rehab program is to teach young adults a new way to cope with life’s problems. Our twelve step drug and alcohol rehab program is effective because it encourages love and happiness as the key to a new life without alcohol.
Our Twelve Steps:
We have developed a way of life without the use of chemicals. By taking certain steps, not one of us has failed to find love and happiness in this way of life. If you want what we have and are willing to go to any lengths to get it, you are ready to follow these steps.
- We admitted that mind-changing chemicals have caused at least part of our lives to become unmanageable.
- We found it necessary to “Stick with Winners” in order to grow.
- We realized that a Higher Power, expressed through our love for each other, can help restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand Him.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We became willing to allow our Higher Power, through the love of the group to help change our way of thinking and humbly ask Him to help us change.
- We made a list of all persons we have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them, others, or ourselves.
- We have continued to look at ourselves and when wrong, promptly admitted it.
- We have sought through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the courage to carry that out.
- We, having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, tried to carry our love and understanding to others, and to practice these principles in our daily lives.
These steps are not easy but they are simple and they do work. If you follow these steps, we guarantee that you will find a way of life that is full of love and happiness. The key to love and happiness will open many doors.
Honesty is the freedom from self-deception; the willingness to admit wrong; fairness in our dealing with others. With honesty, we will develop faith and belief that we can change with the help of God, as you understand him.
Learn More About Our Approach to Drug & Alcohol Treatment
At The Crossroads Program, we believe that our unique approach to drug and alcohol treatment ensures long-term and lasting recovery for teens and young adults. By addressing the needs of teens and maintaining an emphasis on finding a new way of life that is full of love and happiness, we are able to help teens and young adults achieve recovery. To learn more about our drug and alcohol rehab program for you or a loved one, contact one of our Missouri drug rehab centers today. Reach us in St Louis at 636-532-9991, in Columbia at 573-256-8020, and in Kansas City at 816-941-4000.